a Doctor of Philology, a professor at the Filaret Kolessa Department of Ukrainian Folkloristics of Ivan Frankoa Doctor of Philology, a professor at the Filaret Kolessa Department of Ukrainian Folkloristics of Ivan FrankoLviv National University
Nomination Problems of Rebel Song
Terminological issues are considered as an important aspect of the folklore study. Their clear interpretation helps andTerminological issues are considered as an important aspect of the folklore study. Their clear interpretation helps andmakes it easy to carry out the research. We face various definitions of the phenomenon «rebellious folklore» and, in particular,«rebellious song» («antioccupational», «guerilla», «slave», «the folklore of forest guys», «rebellious folklore»,etc.) at the modern stage. The definitions «rebellious songs», «the songs of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army», «revolutionary», «Bandera’s songs», «military songs» are used simultaneously. The views of the researchers of this oral vocabularylevel are generalized and the authoress visions are expressed.The purpose of the submitted article is to analyze the problems of study and nomination of a rebellious song at themodern period, to determine the questions of terminology and the criteria of genre division.
songs of the Ukrainian Insurgent Army, rebellious song, genres, classification, terminology.
1. BILETSKYI, Leonid. Fundamentals of Ukrainian1. BILETSKYI, Leonid. Fundamentals of UkrainianLiterary and Scientific Criticism. Kyiv: Lybid, 1998, 408 pp.[in Ukrainian].
2. DEMYAN, Hryhorii. Twenty-Five Rebel Songs.Ukraine in the Past. Kyiv; Lviv, 1992, iss. 3, pp. 10–42 [inUkrainian].
3. DEMYAN, Hryhorii. [Review]: LAVRYSHYN,Zenovii. UIA Songs. Prefaced in English. UIA Chronicles.1996; Lviv: Common Ukrainian-Canadian Enterprise«UIA Chronicle». 1997, vol. 25, 554 pp. Proceedings ofthe Shevchenko Scientific Society. Works of the Sectionof Ethnography and Folkloristics. Lviv, 2001, vol. 242,pp. 634–643 [in Ukrainian].
4. DEMYAN, Hryhorii. Ukrainian Insurgent Songs of1940–2000 (Historical-Folkloristic Research). Lviv; Kyiv,2003 [in Ukrainian].
5. HISHCHYNSKYI, Yevhen, compiler. For the Freedomof Ukraine. Anthology of the Songs of National Liberation War.Recorded and Deciphered by Yevhen HISHCHYNSKYI.Lutsk, 2002 [in Ukrainian].
6. ZAKALSKA, Yaryna. Ukrainian Folklore of Resistance:Tradition and Modification, Transmission Mechanisms. ExtendedAbstract of a Ph.D. Thesis in Philology: 10.01.07(Folkloristics). Kyiv, 2021, 20 pp. [in Ukrainian].
7. KRAMAr, Rostyslav. Folklore of the NationalLiberation Struggle of the Ukrainian People in the 1940s –1950s (After the Materials of Western Podillia). Extended Abstract of a Ph.D. Thesis in Philology: 10.01.07(Folkloristics). Kyiv, 1996, 24 pp. [in Ukrainian].
8. Songs of UIA. Collected and edited by ZenoviiLAVRYSHYN. Prefaced in English. UIA Chronicle, 1996,1997, vol. 25 [in Ukrainian].
9. KRAMAR, Rostyslav, compiler. Rebel Carols: SongsCollected in Western Podillia. Prefaced an annotated byRostyslav KRAMAR. Ternopil, 1995 [in Ukrainian].
10. PUTILOV, Boris. N. Folklore and Folk Culture.In memoriam. Saint-Petersburg, 2003, 464 pp. [in Russian].
11. SOKIL, Hanna. (KOVAL). Rebel Carols in theSystem of Round Calendar-Ritual Songs. EthnographicNotebooks, 1999, no. 1, pp. 40– 45 [in Ukrainian].
12. SOKIL, Hanna. Study of Rebel Songs in theUniversity Course «Ukrainian Folk Literature». «Museand Sword»: The National Movement in Folklore and LiterarySources. Lviv, 2005, pp. 181–189 [in Ukrainian].
13. UIA Song-Book. Fighters for the Freedom of Ukraine.Lviv: Memorial, 1992 [in Ukrainian].
14. DEMYAN, Hryhorii, compiler. Stepan Bandera andHis Family in Folk Songs, Legends and Memoirs. Recorded byHryhorii DEMYAN. Lviv, 2006 [in Ukrainian].
15. SHEVCHUK, Oksana. UIA Songs. UkrainianMusic Encyclopedia. Kyiv: NAS of Ukraine Maksym RylskyiInstitute of Art Studies, Folkloristics and Ethnology, 2018,vol. 5, pp. 241–248 [in Ukrainian].