a Ph.D. in History, a junior research fellow at the Archival Scientific Funds of Manuscripts and Audio-Recordings Department of the NAS of Ukraine Maksym Rylskyi Institute of Art Studies, Folkloristics and Ethnology. ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-1040-2241
National Inventivity and Its Significance in the Ukrainian
The phenomenon of national inventivity is considered in the article. It is a complex of ideas and technological inventions that prove historical uniqueness or temporal innovation of Ukrainian nation among other national communities. The national inventivity demonstrates obviously national achievements of a certain nation and it stands out as a powerful generator of national pride and identity. Own typology of the objects of national inventivity and the correlation of each type with its popularity and spread in the mass consciousness are submitted. Because of the symbolic potential, manipulations with this category carries significant risks for use in propaganda, as it has been in the first half of the twentieth century, and is happening now in Russian aggressive autocracy. Certain exaggerations and ambiguous interpretations of the primacy or uniqueness of Ukrainian innovative ideas and inventions still occur not only in the media and social networks, but also in scientific published works. However, in order to claim adequately the entire inventive heritage on the world stage, Ukrainian society have to describe the contribution to the ideological and technological development truthfully and clearly.
national identity, national inventivity, national idea, historical memory, nation formation.
- House Registration Book of Novomyrhorod’s Housekeeper Kozhemiakina Liubov Demydivna on Shevchenko Str. in 1931. Record no.4. (Materials of Hanul Anton from Home Archives of Yuriy Kolisnyk) [in Ukrainian].
- Malanka of Bukovyna Has Every Chance to Become an Intangible Cultural Heritage of UNESCO. Head Editor, Chernivtsi, News – January, 16 2014 [online]. Available from: http://times.cv.ua/2014/01/16/bukovynska-malanka-maje-vsi-shansy-potrapyty-nematerialnoji-kulturnoji-spadschyny-yunesko-foto [in Ukrainian].
- VIRGINSKY, Viktor, Svetlana KLAT, Tatyana KOMSHILOVA, Grigory LIST. How the Myths are Created in the History of Technology. (On the History of the Issue of «Artamonov’s Bicycle»). In: Semen MIKULINSKY, ed.-in-chief. Studies in the History of Science and Technology, 1989, no. 1, pp. 150–157 [in Russian].
- State Archives of Cherkasy Region. Fund73. Inventory 1. Dossier 14. Folios 61back [in Russian].
- State Archives of Cherkasy Region. Fund931. Inventory 1. Dossier 1. Folios 212 back – 213 [in Russian].
- State Archives of Cherkasy Region. Fund931. Inventory 1. Dossier 792. Folios 193 back – 194 [in Russian].
- DIEDUSH, Oleksiy. Historiography of the Ukrainian National Identity Study in the Late 20th – Early 21st Centuries. Ph.D. in History Thesis: 07.00.05 (Ethnology). Kyiv: NAS of Ukraine M. Rylskyi IASFE, 2021, 215 pp. [in Ukrainian].
- DIEDUSH, Oleksiy. Social Constructivism and Sources of Separatist Identity in Ukrainian Donbas. Folk Art and Ethnology, 2016, no.3, pp. 85–90 [in Ukrainian].
- DIEDUSH, Oleksiy. Phenomenon of National Identity in the Plane of Volodymyr Vernadskyi’s Noospheric Conception. Folk Art and Ethnology, 2018, no.3, pp. 79–84. DOI: doi.org/10.15407/nte2018.03.079 [in Ukrainian].
- ZHEZHERUN, Ivan. Construction and Launch of the First Nuclear Reactor in the Soviet Union. Moscow: Atomizdat, 1978, 144 pp. [in Russian]
- KALINICHENKO, Oleksandr. Underwater Paradigm of the Ukrainian Cossacks. In: Leonid HRIFFEN, ed.-in-chief. Issues of the History of Science and Technology, 2016, no.4, pp. 51–64 [in Ukrainian].
- Cossack Songs are Included into the UNESCO World Heritage List [online]. Available from: https://www.5.ua/kultura/kozatski-pisnia-vkliuchyly-do-spysku-vsesvitnoi-kulturnoi-spadshchyny-yunesko-132425.html [in Ukrainian].
- Kolia Serha has Ridiculed Harshly Putin’s Fan and the Russian Army: «NoAnalogs» (video) [online]. Available from: https://www.unian.ua/lite/stars/kolya-serga-zhorstko-vismiyav-fanata-putina-i-armiyu-rf-analogovnet-video-novini-odesi-11762701.html [in Ukrainian].
- KUDERSKA, Iryna, Nadiya KUDERSKA. Records (Lists, Registers) of Intangible Cultural Heritage. Suprematia Dreptului = Supremacy of Law: International Theoretical and Practical Journal (Moldova), 2016, no.3, pp. 46–52 [in Ukrainian].
- 15. The Letter of Stepan Kozhumiaka to Oksana Koval on September 25, 1982 (“Home Archive of Yurii Kolisnyk”) [in Ukrainian].
- The Ministry of Culture Presents the Draft Law «On Intangible Cultural Heritage» [online]. Available from: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/news/248077113 [in Ukrainian].
- The «Strilets-M» Tablet from the «Soldier of the Future» Set «Ratnik» has Turned Out to be a Leica CS25 Model of 2011(video) [online]. Available from: https://gagadget.com/uk/cringe/126582-planshet-strilets-m-z-komplektu-soldata-maibutnogo-ratnik-viiavivsia-modelliu-leica-cs25-2011-roku-video/ [in Ukrainian].
- PRYKHODCHENKO, Kateryna. The Value of the Image of the «Water» Symbol in Ukrainian Culture. Actual Problems of Slavic Philology. Linguistics and Literary Science Series: Inter High School Collection of Scientific Works. 2011, iss. 24, part 2, pp.265–274 [in Ukrainian].
- The «Secret Front» Program [online]. Available from: https://ictv.ua/ua/sekretnyj-front/# [in Ukrainian].
- The System of Registration of Traditional and Regional Food Products in the European Union and the Polish Experience in This Field [online]. Available from: http://tradyciyne.com.ua/sistema_restrac_tradicjnih_regonalnih_harchovih_produktv_u_vropejskomu_soyuz_ta_polskij_dosvd_u_cj_galuz.html [in Ukrainian].
- Ukrainian Fairy Tales Can Acquire the Status of Intangible Cultural Heritage of UNESCO [online]. Available from: https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-society/1495522-ukraiinski_kazki_mogut_nabuti_statusu_nematerialnoii_kulturnoii_spadshchini_yunesko_1827815.html [in Ukrainian].
- SHENDEROVSKYI, Vasyl. Kondratiuk Yurii Vasyliovych. In: Valerii Smolii, editorial boards’ chairperson. Encyclopedia of History of Ukraine: In Ten Volumes. NAS of Ukraine Institute of History of Ukraine. Kyiv: Scientific Thought, 2009, vol.5, pp. 20 [in Ukrainian].
- SHCHERBYNA, Mykola. Submariner from Zhuravka Ilko Zhezherun [online]. Available from: http://www.horodysche.org.ua/?id=23 [in Ukrainian].
- What will the Status of UNESCO Give Petrykivka Painting? [online]. Available from: https://www.radiosvoboda.org/a/25203182.html [in Ukrainian].
- TROJAN, Eleonora, Julian PIOTROWSKI. Traditional Smoking Products. A Publishing-House, 2000, 96 pp. [in Polish].