a Ph.D. in Philology, an associate professor at Foreign Literature Subdepartment of the A. Makarenko Sumy State Pedagogical University
Yuriy Stupak’s Works on T. Shevchenko
The article examines the scientific work of a Sumy scholar Yuriy Stupak, in which a particular place is occupied by his studies of the creative heritage of Taras Shevchenko in a wide historical and literary context. A separate attention is paid to the scholar’s works, in which he analyses the pictorial heritage of T. Shevchenko, the educational orientation of Shevchenko’s ABC Book and the poet’s relations with Sumshchyna.
Yurij Stupak has left behind over three hundred scientific papers on diverse topics. Among his interests were Shevchenko’s studies, folklore studies, literature for children, relationships between literatures, and fine arts. The entries The ABC Book of South Russia, Kramskoy, Krayniukov, Krasnozhon, and Krolevets, written by the scholar for the Shevchenko’s Lexicon (К.,1976) stand for the summing up of Stupak’s Shevchenko studies and generalize his original findings and auctorial discoveries.
Along with the Shevchenko studies, Yu. Stupak elaborated his scientific interest in folkloristics. The value of the scholar’s published facts and auctorial reflections hitherto keeps its topicality.
Taras Shevchenko, Yuriy Stupak, Sumshchyna, Shevchenko studies, folklore, local history, pedagogical views.
- BALAYAN, V. Armenian painting researcher. Sumshchyna, 1998, January 29.
- BEREZOVSKYI, I. Ukrainian Soviet Folkloristics: stages of development and problems. Kyiv: Naukova dumka, 1968, 343 pp.
- BILETSKYI, O. UkrainianLiterary Studies for forty years(1917–1957). Kyiv: AS of Ukrainian SSR Publishing House, 1957, 64 pp.
- VERTIY, O. The island of Ukrainian spirit. Red ray, 1996, December 27.
- OKHRIMENKO, P. State and tasks of Ukrainian-Belarussian relations study. Materials of the First scientific conference for theUkrainian-Belarussian relations study. Homel, 1969.
- PETROV, H. Anxiety. Red ray, 1981, July 23.
- RYLSKYI, M. Review on Yu.Stupak Ph.D. thesis Slavic theme in Ukrainian literature of 1840s–1850s. State Archives of Sumy region. Fund Р 7443, Inventory 1, Dossier 229, Sheets 5.
- RYCHALKA, M. V.Dukhnovych as a teacher and an educational figure. Bratislava: Slovakia publishers of artistic literature, 1959, 90 pp.
- STUPAK, Yu. The books of regional publishing houses about T. Shevchenko. Literary journal, 1940, 6, 121–122.
- STUPAK, Yu. Kramskoi and Ukraine. Kyiv: Mystetstvo, 1971, 52 pp.
- STUPAK, Yu. Letters to I. Abramov. State Archives of Sumy region. Fund Р 7443, Inventory 1, Dossier 60, Sheets 6.
- STUPAK, Yu. SlavicthemeinUkrainianliteratureof 1840s–1850s. Extended abstract of Ph.D. of Philology thesis. Kiev, 1952, 16 pp.
- STUPAK, Yu. Taras Shevchenko. In: BILETSKYI, D., STUPAK, Yu. Ukrainian children’s literature. Kyiv: Soviet school, 1963, pp. 60–70.
- STUPAK, Yu. T. Shevchenko and folk pedagogy. Folk art and ethnography, 1964, 2, 85–88.
- STUPAK, Yu. Ukrainian folk songs from the manuscript songbook of the XVIII century (materials and comment by I. Abramov). Folk art and ethnography, 1959, 3, 112–117.
- STUPAK, Yu. Folklore in SouthRuthenianPrimer by T. Shevchenko. Folk art and ethnography, 1962, 4, 91–95.
- STUPAK, Yu. Shevchenko and Herzen. Literature at school, 1951, 5, 27–31.